Terms And Conditions
- “Company” refers to CTS Translations Limited or CTS.
- “Services” are translation, interpreting or any other services provided by the Company.
- “Client” is the party instructing the Company to provide the Services.
- The Company normally quotes translation fees per 1,000 words/characters of the source text. If the calculation of the source word count is not possible, the Company will quote fees per 1,000 words of the target text.
- Translations provided by the Company are subject to a minimum charge if the text contains 400 words or less.
- If the Client requires a document to be sworn before a Solicitor or a Notary, the Company will provide a quotation for the fees for such services upon request.
- The Company provides the Services of an interpreter either for half a day as a minimum (4 hours or less) or for a full day (up to 8 hours door-to-door, including travelling, waiting and attendance).
- If an interpreting assignment exceeds the time for which an interpreter has been booked, the Company will charge the Client an additional fee to be agreed for each additional hour.
- Interpreting services provided on Saturday will incur a surcharge of 25%. Interpreting services provided on Sunday or a Public Holiday will incur a surcharge of 50%.
- The Company will charge the Client for travel expenses incurred on public transport (against appropriate receipts). In case an interpreter travels by their own vehicle, travel expenses will be charged at the mileage rate of 37-45p per mile door-to-door.
- Subtitling, Transcription and Voiceover Services
- The Company provides the Services based on a rate per word or minute to be agreed with the Client. These rates are based on volume, language pair and project complexity.
- Payments shall be made by the Client within the agreed payment terms following the date of invoice. One-off requests, first-time clients and private individuals requiring certified translation services will normally be asked to make payment before services are rendered.
- The Company reserves the right to charge a fixed late payment fee calculated at 10% of the value of the invoice(s) after the due date of the invoice(s) has been reached. If the full amount of the invoice, including the late payment fee and interest, has not reached our account thirty (30) calendar days after the invoice due date, the debt will be passed to a debt collection agency to recover the full amount due.
- The Client may cancel a translation assignment in writing at no charge if translation or related work, such as file engineering, has not been initiated by the Company. Where payments for certified translations have been made in advance, an admin fee of £50.00 will be applied upon refund, even where the translation has not been initiated. This is to cover administrative costs and project management.
- If the Client cancels a translation assignment after translation or related work such as file engineering has been initiated by the Company, the Company will charge the Client for the number of words translated up to that time (at the agreed rate) plus any file engineering, administrative and/or project management costs at a rate of £75.00 per hour. If more than 50% of the assignment has been completed, the Company reserves the right to charge the service quotation value in full.
- If the Client cancels an interpreting assignment in writing with more than one week’s notice, CTS will charge 50% of the agreed rates.
- If the Client cancels an interpreting assignment with less than one week’s notice, the Company will charge the Client for the full fees based on the original booking.
- Subtitling, Transcription and Voiceover Services
- If the Client cancels a subtitling, transcription or voiceover assignment after the linguist begins the job, the Company will charge the Client for the number of words or minutes translated up to that time (at the agreed rate) plus any file engineering, administrative and/or project management costs at a rate of £75.00 per hour. If more than 50% of the assignment has been completed, the Company reserves the right to charge the service quotation value in full.
- The Company will endeavour to ensure that it provides the Client with an adequately qualified translator/interpreter/linguist for the Services required. If a service that the Company provides does not meet the Client’s satisfaction, the Company will assess the queries and, if deemed necessary, have the translated material revised/proofread at no extra cost to the client. Any issues regarding quality by the Client should be raised with the Company within 30 days of the Company submitting the translated deliverables.This, however, does not cover:a) Preferential changes; b) Very minor errors such as minimal typos and omissions that do not affect the sense of the translated text unless the Client has commissioned proofreading services from the Company.
- The Client will endeavour to ensure that they provide the Company with full and accurate information regarding the Services required (e.g., purpose, time, place etc.).
- The Client will endeavour to ensure that they allow reasonable time for translation and postage of documents. CTS waives any responsibility/liability regarding delays in bureaucratic procedures on the client’s part where reasonable time has not been allowed for the rendition of translation services and the delivery whereof.
- Both the Company and the Client will take reasonable precautions to ensure that all confidential information, either oral or written, remains confidential.
- During the provision of the Services or for a period of twelve months thereafter, the Client shall not solicit translators/interpreters/linguists who have been engaged in the provision of the Services.
- These Terms and Conditions and any contracts between the Company and the Client shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.